New Year, New You!

Dear Friends,

So it is almost the end of the first month of 2015 - and your "I am going to lose 10 pounds by February" fell through? That is a means to ending everything right? Heck no! I have been wanting to lose 10 pounds by February for at least three years now!

My Weight Watchers instructor is a funny guy - but let me tell you what - he challenged us! Instead of making some sort of vague weight loss goal like that - set a date and then a reward for the accomplishment. I will admit, some of the people in my meeting are interesting - but we are all there for a common goal - to better ourselves. One lady set a goal to reach her 10% by her daughters wedding, and when she did - she bought herself a spa day. How cool is that? I think that we need to set realistic goals with a realistic thing in mind.

My first goal for my weight loss was to be down my 10% (which is about 24 pounds), by June 1st. I know that the oatmeal cookies I just ate won't help - but the fact that I can track them will. When I get to my goal by June 1st, I am going to buy myself a couple of new work out clothes and/or a new bathing suit. Honestly it depends on if I need the swim suit before the date.

I had surgery in November, and it put me behind on my weight loss goals. I let that be my reasoning "I cannot go work out!" or "I am in recovery so I will eat this corndog!" But I no longer have that excuse! I can go back to the gym and all along I could eat anything I wanted.

Now I am not going to  be one of those "Diet Pushers" that bother you about the latest and greatest thing, but I keep going back to Weight Watchers, because it works. If you are a beginner in the weight loss world and the other programs do not do it for you - this one does. They make their resources available online, on your phone, in your wallet, and now they have their 24/7 chat. That was a helpful resource the other day when I needed to get inspired for some new foods to make.

I know that this is going to be the year for me, I have set my goals and my sights high. I want to get thinner - but I also want to get healthier! I am sick of the back pain and I am sick of the self esteem issues. When I get down about things, I just need to go back to my first blog post on this blog The Ugly Truth, and remember how I feel when I am big. The past years I did it because my life was incomplete without a diet, I have been dieting since the 7th grade! But when you decide to do it for YOU that is when it becomes for YOU! Reward yourself this year. I am going to also start Yoga more. I know I have said this in the past, but I feel that it is the year for a spiritual, more fit, and confident me.


How about you? You with me?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth

An Update on Keto (progress pics included)

The Ups and Downs of the Weight Loss Rollar Coaster!