An Update on Keto (progress pics included)

Hey there!

I am 8 weeks on Keto and everything is going really well! Here are some highlights for you:


  • I am down 9 Pounds
  • Clothes are getting looser
  • Easier to bend 
  • Easier to walk
  • More Energy
  • I am an official size 24 in these "jeggings" from Maurices I love. 
Downsides:

  • Certain pants still don't fit around my belly, this is to be expected because I am just starting to lose in my butt and legs. 
Favorite Keto Snacks:

  •  Cottage cheese and berries
  • Sugar-Free Jello (the actual brand Jello, none of this snack pack business)
  • Starbucks Keto Drink
    • After much searching and trying, I found it! 
      • Venti Coffee Frap - replace the milk with 1/2 water and 1/2 cream, add 2 shots of sugar-free vanilla syrup.
  • Almonds
I am not a "HARDCORE" kind of a keto gal, I don't make food with coconut flour; however, I do try to make a few things like Keto Cookie Dough (linked in my last post) and I also just try to make sure to have cheese and other protein handy. 

If I crave a scone, I will eat a bite, but usually, this is all I need, and I rarely crave one of those from work. 

A typical day of eating for me:

  • Breakfast
    • Scrambled eggs with cheese and two pieces of bacon; OR
    • Ham, Sausage, Cheese Omelet; AND
    • A Coke Zero
  • Lunch
    • Cottage cheese and berries with lunch meat; OR
    • A Keto friendly option out and about with friends
  • Dinner
    • Jimmy Johns Unwich; OR
    • A Hamburger patty with sweet potato tots or some sort of meat and vegetable option
  • Snacks
    • Almonds
    • Cheese
    • Sugar-Free Candy (be careful with these)
    • Jello
    • Sugar-Free popsicle 
    • Cottage Cheese
    • Trail Mix
    • Protein Shake

Here are a few progress pics for you. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth

The Ups and Downs of the Weight Loss Rollar Coaster!