The Ugly Truth

I am sure you have all read the numerous blogs about the life changing transformations that men and women go through. Well I have too. I read them, and I think "well I can do that!". It is not until you stand in front of your mirror one day, and are trying to look good in the biggest item of clothing you own, which you just bought... it puts a damper on a girls mood. So by some stroke of genius I decided that it was time to truly full heartily commit to weight loss. Now let me tell you my story, then I will continue on with this one:

So it is safe to say that my weight issues started in seventh grade. I am not pointing fingers at anyone to say who's fault my weight gain was. I used to think it was my mom and dad for all the pressure of weight loss they put on me for a long time. But it was just my stubborn mentality that I was fine.

In Seventh grade I started on the Atkins diet, because we thought it was a necessary measure. Then it literally began from there. I knew I was getting bigger so I did weight loss programs from Atkins to Weight Watchers. Believe me I tried. I am a stubborn girl and I hated admitting to myself that I was getting bigger.

College came around and my weight stayed pretty consistent. A good 200-220 pounds. I am a tall girl, 5'10" so it does not look terrible on me. But then my last year of college which was just 2011, I started to gain more weight then I have ever known in my life. I went through a weird depression my last semester, and ate a lot. I went to the doctor and he gave me some pills, but they did not make me feel good. I tried them for about a month, and I was still nauseated all the time.

I finally finished college and I was down to about 230-240 (down in my book). Then I moved home and all the post grad blues came on.

I kept denying that I was getting bigger. That my friends liked me for me, and boys would like me for me. Then one day this past week I looked at myself in the mirror, in one of my newer bigger tops and that is when I decided it was time to do something. I have the medication to fix depression, but the weight thing does not help.

This last weekend I decided it was time to change my eating habits. Not necessarily diet, but change the way I was eating. I have an iPhone and so I also decided to commit fully to the "My Fitness Pal", I also told my mom that every day after work we are going to do some form of physical exercise.

I never used to get winded doing simple tasks, but now I do. I had to look at myself and say "you really want this Adriana, you need this!". Weight loss should be for yourself, but I also have an ulterior motive: revenge. I know this is a terrible thing, but I want to prove all the people wrong, I want to make people know what they are missing, and I want to meet someone who will fulfill this little speck of happiness I am missing.

I have it all just missing a few things. If weight loss is the way to go then that is what I am going to do. I do not want to cry anymore over not fitting in a pair of jeans, or have to keep going up sizes in clothes. I am ready.

This blog is one of my 3 other blogs, but I am going to write it down and tell you my ups and downs of weight loss. Not all entries are going to be as long winded. I do not expect to inspire a lot of people, heck I am not sure a lot of people will read this, but let me tell you something... writing helps me cope!

Here is the plan:

  • Use the "My Fitness Pal". I have altered it to try and lose 2 pounds per week. I won't get discouraged if I only lose 1 pound. Right now I am allowed 1490 calories a day. Which seems like not a lot, but I do not eat much when I am at work.
  • Drink more water, less soda, and swap out coke for diet coke. This is going to be hard but I have done it before. I will limit my soda intake to at least one a day for now. Who knows I might cut it out completely. 
  • Physical Activity: Gym at least 1 or 2 times a week, go walking during lunch or after work at least 1 or 2 times a week. Ab work outs at least 1 or 2 times a week. I will not pick which one of these I do a week. I will have to go to the gym, walk, and do an ab workout so I am working out at least 3 - 6 days a week. I think this is not a big deal. Oh and at least 30 minutes with the walking and gym. Ab workouts will vary on which one I find best for me online.
  • I sit all day at work at a computer, so I am going to go walk around periodically throughout the day, even if that means going down for more ice, or using the restroom in the basement, and taking the stairs!!!
  • Snacking (my downfall): low cal snacks, sugar free snacks, veggies, fruit... NO MORE CANDY! And I will chew more gum if that helps!
 AND here is a pic of me most recently:

Here is me my first year of college:

And me my junior year of high school:





I always thought I looked the same, but obviously I have been smaller. Too bad I do not have any of me in Junior High because I was even thinner then, and I still thought I was fat!

So here is to me shooting for my first goal of 225! I currently weight 245-250, I am not sure.

I just have to be mentally ready and just DO IT!

Until Next Week!



 Back to Adriana's World

Comments

  1. Way to go girl! I am so proud of you. Check out this blog...houseofsmiths.blogspot.com. Shelly Smith has been so motivational to me. She posted her workout regime that seems to be working for her. Keep posting your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks Hailey! I will check it out right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Update on Keto (progress pics included)

The Ups and Downs of the Weight Loss Rollar Coaster!