This Trend Called KETO

Hey there friends!

It has been some time since I have come on to this blog to post about my weight loss journey. I have been working on my website Poor Girl in A Corporate World and I decided I should pay some attention to my more personal blog.

The last post I was on Nutrisystem... oy... Nutrisystem... let me give you a review of that:

Good concept, terrible food, overly priced. Let's just say that if I wanted to eat cardboard, I would just eat the Amazon Prime box that is in my living room from my last purchase.

Since then I was off a diet - gained a lot of weight (sadly over 300 pounds) and then I went on Weight Watchers... again. They are like the ex-boyfriend I just cannot get over! I wasn't doing so well with them.

So last week I decided I needed a boost... and EVERYONE that I know is pretty much doing it - so I thought that I would do Keto Diet just like most everyone is doing. You can do this without paying for it on the WebSite, I just used their shopping list.

Reasons:


  1. To boost my weight loss
  2. It is easier to track
  3. It is easier to find foods in a gas station for road trips


Week one is over and I am now in Week 2. Here are my thoughts:

  • I love Strawberries
  • Blueberries are a hit or miss, same with raspberries 
  • Drinking water is key
  • I need to eat in between meals to function.
I haven't weighed myself, but I feel better and my parents state that I look better already so I will take their word for it. We went to St. George this weekend I was successful because it is easy to do! 

Going out to eat? Skip the carbs. For example, I went to Texas Roadhouse and got a sweet potato, and I splurged on the honey butter, but I had a steak with their green beans. If you are going to Costa Vida/Cafe Rio - skip the rice and the tortilla strips. 

Make sure you have snacks like almonds around the house. I make sure to have a protein and a berry for my snacks and make sure at least one of my meals every day has some sort of vegetable in it. 

Also, I have found that Premier Protein shakes are my best friend. You can usually find them at Costco or Sam's club or just your Walmart or Target. 


Something delicious I have made that helps with those sweet cravings are Keto Friendly Cookie Dough which is so good. I forgot the sweetener but they taste okay because I accidentally put real chocolate chips in them! Next time I will make sure to get the right chips and add the sweetener. 

I also learned you can eat some ice creams on Keto you just need to make sure that you are getting the right ones to keep you in Ketosis (if you are going hardcore), but for me, I am just making sure I don't eat hardly ANY carbs. 

Here is my shopping list:

  • Meat (steak, chicken, pork chops)
  • Berries (Strawberries, Blue Berries, Black Berries, Raspberries)
  • Vegetables (celery, lettuce)
  • Fruit (Avacado, the berries)
  • Snacks (Almonds, Nuts, Pork Rinds, Sugar-Free candy, protein bars)
  • Others (Cottage Cheese, Whipped Cream, Diet Rootbeer, Coke Zero, Protein Shakes)
A sweet treat I have almost nightly is a root beer float.

Add your cream - it is easiest to get either cool whip or the whipped cream by the milk). You only need a little bit. Then pour in your diet root beer ... ROOT BEER FLOAT! Yum! 

Anyway, I am on to week two and here are some things I am craving:

  • Chocolate
  • Ice Cream
  • Cookies
So instead of buying them I just make sure to get substitutes like Halo Top, or Sugar-Free popsicles. I don't think they hurt to eat if you eat them within reason.

So until the next update....

Oh and for good measure, here is the most up to date pic of me - currently, at the biggest I have ever been at :( 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ugly Truth

An Update on Keto (progress pics included)

The Ups and Downs of the Weight Loss Rollar Coaster!